Create an Override in the SkySwitch Provisioning Server
The SkySwitch system is pre-loaded with working configuration files for all supported devices. This means that you can create a User and SIP Phone in the management portal, and the necessary configuration file will be available from the provisioning server to enable automated provisioning. In some case, you may wish to customize the operation of a phone. This is done by using overrides. An override is a configuration setting that will supercede the system defaults. You may create overrides for an entire domain, or for an individual device.
Although the SkySwitch Provisioning Server can auto-provision a wide range of devices, each manufacturer has distinct capabilities and configuration formats. Configuration formats may also vary according to the version or firmware running on a particular device. If you have any questions about the format required, please contact support.
A domain override will apply the configuration parameters to all devices within a domain.
To create a Domain Override:
- Mouse over Manage PBX in your Dashmanager and click on Manage NDP
- From the top menu, select Configuration>Defaults>Domain Specific
- Click the "Add" button
- Type or paste the desired override parameters into the provided space.
- Click 'Save'.
A device override will apply the configuration settings so a single device with a matching MAC address only.
To create a Device Override:
- Mouse over Manage PBX in your Dashmanager and click on Manage NDP From the top menu, select Configuration>Devices
- Find the MAC address of the device you would like to configure, and click on the Device Model Number
- In the resulting form, type or paste the desired override parameters into the space labelled 'Overrides'.
- Click 'Save'.
Note that the overrides seen in the example below will cause the selected Polycom device to give preference to the G.729 codec over the default G.711 codec.
To view a list of all the supported options for a specific device manufacturer, select the Brand from the Default list and click the 'Options' button at the bottom of the page. The image below shows the Phone Options button form devices from Grandstream.
The sample image below shows all supported options for a Grandstream phone.