Port In - Loading of LNP Telephone Numbers in the Manage DID Portal
One of the requirements to bring new subscribers onto the SkySwitch network for a reseller is being able to readily add telephone numbers to their reseller environment for activation and testing. Utilizing the ‘PORT IN’ feature in the Manage DID portal is the best way to do this.
A telephone number in a 'Port In' inventory classification allows resellers the ability to route, test call routing (On-Net Only) and assign an e911 address prior to the telephone number being activated onto the SkySwitch network.
Here is how a streamlined LNP request would look utilizing the 'Port In' feature [The Perfect Port]:
1) Submit your LNP Request thru Manage DID portal
- Receive email confirmation of your order by the LNP team via the SkySwitch ticketing system (Ports Queue Ticket #) [Day 1]
- Upload the required LNP documents (LOA & Bill Copy) [Day 1]
- Receive an updated confirmation via your RT Ticket that your LNP request has been issued a PON (Port Order Number). [Day 2-3]
2) Load your TN’s thru the ‘IMPORT PHONE NUMBERS’ and ‘PORT IN’ tab. [Day 2-3]
The reseller can load the TN’s individually or by bulk to ‘PORT IN’ status or ask the LNP team for assistance in loading. This should be done only after receipt of a Port Order Number (PON).
- Select 'Manage Inventory' on the main menu under 'Actions' and click on the 'Import Phone Numbers' button
- The ‘Port In’ tab is in view by default
- Add a single number or bulk upload CSV file using the downloadable template
3) Configure and route your telephone numbers per SkySwitch configuration procedures
- Route TN to Domain or User
- Route TN to Fax Portal or ATA
- Assign e911 address information
- Set CNAM & Nomorobo
- TN's loaded as 'Port In' status can be spoofed in the PBX.
On-net testing: After you have routed your telephone number, you have the option to test the routing one time by clicking 'Enable for 15-minute Testing'.
Spoofing: Numbers loaded as Port In status can be spoofed in the PBX. Resellers are responsible to gain permission from the telephone number’s owner of record before spoofing a telephone number. Failure to have proper permission for spoofing a telephone number on the SkySwitch network is considered fraudulent and grounds for termination of services.
4) Day of FOC or Activation - The LNP team will confirm the TN’s have been released and activated onto SkySwitch’s network. This will also ‘enable’ the PBX routing on the TN and move the TN’s from ‘Port In’ status to ‘Stock’ in your Inventory. The reseller will receive this notice via their assigned ports ticket. [Day 5+]
For more detailed information on LNP, please review our Local Number Portability guide.
MUST READ: Noteworthy information on BYOT and Spoofing
BYOT: BYOT should only be used by resellers who have an active BYOT account setup with SkySwitch. Contact your sales representative for more information and pricing. Loading telephone numbers in BYOT status can cause routing problems if those telephone numbers are thereafter ported to SkySwitch and not properly disconnected.
Spoofing with BYOT: This is the one exception a non-BYOT Reseller can use the BYOT feature for temporarily spoofing a telephone number. This should be used only for pre-sales purposes. Resellers are responsible to gain permission from the telephone number’s owner of record before spoofing a telephone number. Failure to have proper permission for spoofing a telephone number on the SkySwitch network is considered fraudulent and grounds for termination of services.