Why Your Business needs to be HIPAA Compliant
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act protects patient confidentiality while furthering innovation and patient care. Business Associates MUST be HIPAA compliant.
Business Associates have a direct liability by function and are directly liable for violations. This is why covered entities must have BAAs (Business Associate Agreements and conduct technical due diligence.
The Seven Fundamental Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
Compliance according to HHS (Health and Human Services):
- Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Designating a compliance officer and compliance committee.
- Conducting effective training and education.
- Developing effective lines of communication.
- Conducting internal monitoring and auditing.
- Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines.
- Responding promptly to detected offenses and undertaking corrective action.
Fill out this FORM to get HIPAA compliant with the Compliancy Group.
To Request a BAA (Business Associate Agreement) with SkySwitch use this FORM.