Spam Control for DIDs (powered by Nomorobo)
Resellers are able to protect PBX users from spam calls by enabling the Nomorobo for Businessconnector.
With Nomorobo for Business enabled, the system can detect potential spam calls to PBX extensions and fax machines, and provide you with the option to send the call directly to voicemail, hang up or just tag the Caller Name with a [Spam] prefix.
This is a premium service that incurs a monthly charge for each DID on which it is enabled. Consult your MSA or ask a sales representative for pricing information.
|Nomorobo for Business|
Nomorobo for Business is a cloud-based service that blocks spam calls from reaching business users’ phones using an FTC-approved technology that analyzes incoming calls and rapidly detects robocallers, telemarketers, and scammers. Legitimate calls come through normally, but illegal robocalls are stopped before they have a chance to bother the PBX user.
Nomorobo for Business is different than the free service that Nomorobo offers for consumer landlines. The free service only starts to work after the consumer's phone is ringing. This means that users of the consumer free service will always have the inconvenience of hearing the phone ring one or more times before Nomorobo activates, and the spam calls will be visible in the phone call history.
In contrast, Nomorobo for Business works before the phone starts to ring. This allows the call to be diverted to the user's voicemail or hung up without interrupting the PBX user. And unlike the free consumer service, with Nomorobo for Business, spam calls do not clutter the phone call history (although they can be viewed in the PBX portal).
How to Enable Spam Blocking on Individual Phone Number
Login to your Reseller Dashboard and view the DID Inventory page
Search for the number that you wish to configure and click the "Caller Information" icon.
- In the modal window, select the option "Spam Control powered by Nomorobo" to enable spam detection.
- After you click the Spam Control option, you will be able to choose one of two options:
- Play reorder intercept message - This option will cause the system to intercept the call before it reaches the PBX or fax server and plays a reorder tone. If this option is chosen, call records will not be available in the PBX portal. If this option is chosen, then you are finished after saving the configuration.
- Prepend caller name with [SPAM] - This option should always be enabled and will cause the system to add the word "SPAM" in front of the caller's name for potential spam calls that are detected.
- Be sure to click the Apply button to save your configuration.
- If the DID is routed to the fax service, then you are finished.
- If the DID is routed to a PBX User, then browse to the route for the chosen number and select the desired action from the drop-down selector.
- The options are:
- No Action - this option will allow the call to ring the User's phone as normal. But the word [SPAM] will be prepended to the Caller Name if that option was selected in the previous step.
- Voicemail - this option will cause calls to be routed directly to the User's voicemail, and will not ring the User's phone.
- Hangup - this option will cause calls to be hung up without ringing the User's phone.
How to check if Spam Control by Nomorobo is enabled for phone numbers?
To check if Nomorobo is enabled for DIDs in your inventory, you can generate a Phone Numbers Report by following the steps below.
Log in to your dashboard and under your profile menu click on Reports.
In the Download File Type drop-down menu choose Phone Numbers Report then click the Generate Report button.
Once available you can click on the download button that will appear beside the entry created in Search Results.
Open the report and in the antispam column if the value is:
1 = Spam Control is enabled
0 = Spam Control is not enabled
How to Add a Spam Caller to the Nomorobo Database
To add a number that is being used by a spam caller to the Nomorobo database, submit it using the form available at https://nomorobo.skyswitch.com/report-spam/.
Note: This page is brandable, and can be enabled for your Reseller account from the Reseller Settings section of the Dashboard.
How to Request for Nomorobo to Whitelist a Phone Number?
- Use the contact form at nomorobo.com/contact and choose ‘Report a number’
- Email the number to email@example.com and explain your request.
Note: Nomorobo will not whitelist telemarketers or bill collection agencies.