Web Centrex Billing Calculations
Caution: User Seat - ADD PHONE EXTENSION
When creating a new 'User' inside a Domain, by default the 'Add Phone Extension' is selected. This selection creates a device, therefore triggering a billable seat. This selection should be unchecked if you are creating a 'User' solely for a voice mailbox, forwarding or fax services.
- A Seat (User Seat or Call Center Seat) is counted once a device is assigned to an extension. A device is not required to be registered for a Seat to be counted.
- User seat charges are determined each month by the highest count of unique active seats within your domain between bill cycles.
- A device can be hardware phones, Soft phones, ATA's or Fax ATAs. Conferences are counted as a unique Seat when not assigned to a User.
- Any seats with devices added between bill cycles are counted and billed in the next bill cycle. We do not prorate newly added or deleted seats during bill cycles.
- Multiple devices assigned to a unique user are counted as one billable seat.
- Once a RESELLER reaches 103+ User Seats we will apply a credit reduction of 3 seats off the total count used for the next bill cycle statement calculations. This credit allocation is to be used by the RESELLERS for support and testing.
Feature Calculations (Call Recording & Voicemail Transcription):
- Feature charges are determined each month by the highest count of the respective feature activated by a unique user seat within your domain between bill cycles.
- Features added by a user seat between bill cycles are counted and billed in the next bill cycle. We do not prorate newly added or deleted features during bill cycles.
SIP Trunk Calculations
- SIP Trunk paths are determined each month by the highest count of the respective paths for each domain between bill cycles.
- SIP Trunk paths added between bill cycles are counted and billed in the next bill cycle. We do not prorate newly added or deleted SIP Trunk paths during bill cycles.
Channel Limit Settings: There are three available settings for the management of SIP trunk channels in the PBX portal; 'Total Limit', 'In' and 'Out'.
The channel 'Total Limit' is set to 15 by default for both registered and static IP SIP trunks and is only in viewable when configuring 'static' IP SIP trunks. For a 'registered' SIP trunk setup you need to request SkySwitch Support (email@example.com) to make changes to the defaul 'Total Limit' settings.
The 'Total Limit' setting takes precedence over the 'In' & 'Out' channel value settings.
Lower 'Total Limit' than aggregated 'In & 'Out' channel limit: If you have your 'Total Limit' set to 15 and you set the 'In' & 'Out' channel limit to 10 each, you will only be billed for 15 SIP trunks. Your customer will only be able to process 15 current calls at a time.
Higher 'Total Limit' than aggregated 'In & 'Out' channel limit: If you have your 'Total Limit' set to 15 and you set the 'In' & 'Out' channel limit to 5 each, you can expect to be billed for only 10 SIP Trunks. Your customer will only be to process 10 current calls at a time.
ReachUC is billed based on your entitlements settings found in Entitlements under your DashManager Profile Menu.
When activating you can choose a default setting for all domains, and then create overrides for individual domains or users. When entitlements are assigned to users, they are considered to be billable user seats.
Charges for RUC user seats are additional to any other user seat charges that may apply.
- Standard - This is the free, basic version of RUC that will be available at no additional charge to all SkySwitch user seats. It is meant to be a better alternative to generic mobile SIP clients, such as Bria or Zoiper and does not include UCaaS features.
- Plus - This is the premium version of RUC with all UCaaS features. SkySwitch will charge Resellers for each end-user seat that is assigned this version. Pricing is outlined in your MSA. Charges will be applied starting the June 2018 bill cycle.
- Preview - This version is meant to be used for demonstration purposes only. It has the same features as the Plus version with the following limitations: users will be shown a ‘preview' mode pop-up dialog box; calls will be limited to 2 minutes, and; SMS messages will be limited to 30 characters.
See the ReachUC Entitlement Comparison page for more details.