Create an Instant Fax ATA Account
The SkySwitch Fax ATA service is managed from the Manage DID portal in the Reseller Dashboard. To create a Fax ATA Account, follow these steps:
- From the Inventory Manager choose any number and manage the call routing by clicking the street sign icon.
- From the Fax tab, choose the radio button labeled Instant Fax ATA.
- Enter the following information into the form:
This is the MAC address of the Fax ATA device you wish to use with the chosen DID
This is an optional field that lets you link the Fax ATA account to a domain in the PBX. If you prefer not to associate the Fax account with a PBX domain, then select the 'Choose Later' option
Deliver when Offline
This option controls whether an inbound fax will be accepted and held for later delivery if the Fax ATA device is offline. If this option is not chosen, then the fax caller will hear a busy signal when the Fax ATA device is offline.
- If the fax ATA configuration was successfully completed, you will see a success message and there will be a check-mark beside the DID in the routing window.
- Configure Email and Fax Confirmation Settings
Click the Advanced tab to access the email and fax confirmation settings.
1 Enter an email address here to receive a copy of any faxes sent to the ATA 2 Choose PDF of TIFF to set the file type for the copy of the fax that will be emailed. 3 Use this option if you wish to receive a confirmation on the fax machine attached to the ATA if an outbound fax succeeds and/or fails 4 Use this option if you wish to receive a confirmation by email if an outbound fax succeeds and/or fails
There are no further steps required to configure a fax ATA. The above procedure completed the routing and fax device configuration.